Regular care and cleaning of your air filter will is essential in ensuring the better air flow for your engine.
Your Green Cotton Air Filter is supplied oiled.
We recommend that your Green Cotton Air Filter should be cleaned every 5000-8000 miles or every 6 months for best results.
If you are driving in very dirty or dusty conditions you may need to clean your filter more regularly.
Regular care and cleaning of your air filter will result in better air flow for your engine.
The Steps to follow in the Kit, are as follows -
1. Remove the air filter.
2. Brush the inside and outside of the filter to remove the dirt, dust, etc.. that has been trapped in the filter (if you have access to a "blower" you can use this but ensure that you keep the filter a safe distance away from the "blower" so it does not damage the cotton gauze).
3. Cover the filter with the Green Cotton Air Filter cleaner.
4. Allow the cleaning solution to soak into the filter for about 15 minutes. Use a paint brush to help the cleaning solution work into the cotton gauze.
5. Rinse the filter with warm water, inside first and then outside.
6. Shake the filter to remove excess water.
7. Place the filter on a warm radiator or use a hair dryer to dry it.
8. Re-oil the filter using the Green Cotton Air Filter oil.
9. Spray the interior surface of the filter with oil uniformly, not excessively. Wipe off any excess, oil immediately if you overspray. For very dirty filters you may need to repeat the cleaning process 2 or 3 times to remove all the dirt.
Kit includes - 500ml Filter Cleaner & 300ml Cleaning Oil
Please note - due to shipping restrictions, we are unable to supply this product to International Customers.